Everyone is going “nuts” over these cookies! (Get it? Nuts!) They’re sure to be the cutest appetizer on your table this Holiday season, and they’re easy to make.
All you need is a bear-shaped cookie cutter, some almonds and a good cookie dough recipe, and you’re all set. Use raisins, craisins, small candy, or cinnamon hearts as a substitute for the almonds if anyone in your family has allergies.
Here is an English translation of the original recipe, created by Maa Tamagosan. Try it this way, or use a different dough recipe if you like! Play around with it to achieve the perfect cookie!
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320 F).
- Mix 110g cake flour, 20g potato starch, and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Whisk 40g beet sugar syrup, 10g honey, and 30g vegetable oil in a small bowl.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula. Once thoroughly mixed, spread between parchment paper and roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- Use a bear cookie cutter to cut out the shapes.
- Draw the face (we used a nail dot pen), place the almond, and have the bears hug them tightly.
- Use leftover dough to make the tails.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 150°C (300 F) and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and they're done!