nc-logo-fb-simplenc-logo-twitternc-logo-pinterestnc-logo-instagram nc-logo-youtubenc-logo-google-plusnc-logo-rss nc-zoom-2nc-calendar-grid-61 nc-simple-removenc-button-plaync-button-pause nc-button-stopnc-curved-nextnc-tail-rightnc-tail-leftnc-volume-ban nc-volume-97 nc-volume-93nc-sun-cloud-hail nc-sun-cloud-light nc-sun-cloud nc-sun-cloud-fog nc-email-84nc-headphonenc-ic_photo_library_24pxnc-flash-21nc-single-02 nc-bars ic more vert 36px cloud download 95like 2 phone 2

Nick Carter rape allegation under review

Nick Carter rape allegation under review

A rape allegation made against Backstreet Boys star Nick Carter has been placed under review by the Los Angeles County District Attorney.

Melissa Schuman, who featured in the girl group Dream, filed a police complaint in Santa Monica, California in February (18), accusing Nick of sexually assaulting her back in 2002.

She had previously gone public with the allegations last year (17), claiming the incident took place at his home when she was 18 and he was 22.

Nick responded by insisting the sex he had with Melissa, his co-star in 2004 TV movie The Hollow, was consensual.

Officials at the Los Angeles Police Department's Special Crimes unit investigated the complaint, and they have since handed their findings over to the District Attorney to determine if Nick should face charges, according to TMZ.

After making the accusations public, Schuman sat down for an interview with TV therapist Dr. Oz Mehmet in November (17), and insisted she had long forgiven Carter for reportedly ignoring her objections as he unbuttoned her pants during a make-out session in a bathroom and forced her to accept and perform oral sex.

He is then said to have led her to a bedroom, where she claims he forced her to have intercourse.

Asked what she would say to Carter if she met him now, she told Dr. Oz, "I don't want anything from you. I wish you only the best. I don't want your money. I didn't do this to hurt you or your family. I did this for me because I needed this healing and I also came forward because I want to inspire other victims, other people who have been assaulted to come forward and know that they have a voice."

Carter, who is now a married father of one, fired back by declaring he was "shocked and saddened" by the allegations.

"Melissa never expressed to me while we were together or at any time since that anything we did was not consensual...," he replied in a statement issued to People.com at the time. "This is the first that I am hearing about these accusations, nearly two decades later.

"It is contrary to my nature and everything I hold dear to intentionally cause someone discomfort or harm." 

Weekend Breakfast Saturday

Weekend Breakfast Saturday

with Claudia Marques

Live from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM
1551
100
LIVECogeco LIVE
Votre version d'internet explorer est trop basse. Utilisez au moins la version 11 ou un navigateur récent comme Google Chrome.