RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The " Win $100 of candy " contest (the "Contest") is organized by Cogeco Media Acquisitions Inc. ("Cogeco") and Regal Confiserie ("Partner's short name") (collectively the "Organizer"). It begins on the October 19 at 5:30am (EDT) and ends on the October 23 at 8:30am (EDT). All references to time in these rules and regulations refer to Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
2. The Contest is open to all Quebec residents aged eighteen (18) and over, with the exception of employees, agents and/or representatives of the Organizer or its affiliated companies, advertising agencies and Contest-related stakeholders, as well as, respectively, any person with whom such employee, agent and/or representative is domiciled or any member of their immediate family. For the purposes of the Contest’s rules and regulations, "immediate family" means the father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, husband and wife or common-law partner of such employee, agent and/or representative.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
For a chance to win, you have to:
3.1 Listen to “Nikki and The Morning Show” broadcast on The Beat 92.5 FM, from 5:30am to 8:30am and “The Beat 5@7 with Cat and Claudia” broadcast on The Beat 92.5 FM, from 5:00pm to 7:00pm.
3.2 Wait for the announcer signal and follow his instructions.
3.3 No purchase necessary.
4. All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to require proof of identity or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Organizer, including official photo identification): (i) to confirm a person's eligibility to participate in the Contest, (ii) to confirm the eligibility or legitimacy of an entry (or purported entry) in the Contest, or (iii) for any other reason the Organizer deems necessary in its sole discretion to administer the Contest in accordance with the rules and regulations. Failure to provide such proof to the Organizer’s full satisfaction within the time period specified by the Organizer may result in disqualification, at the Organizer’s sole discretion. The Contest server(s) is the sole determinant of the date and time for the purposes of the Contest.
5. Ten (10) prizes of one hundred dollars ($ 100) of candy (the " Prize").
6. The Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to replace the Prize with one of comparable value if it cannot be awarded to the winner as described herein for any reason whatsoever.
7. Every day, the winner will receive the Prize. The game will take place at the rate of one (1) game per day in the programs "Nikki and The Morning Show" and “The Beat 5@7 with Cat and Claudia” from the October 19 2020 to the October 23 2020 inclusively, at 8:30am (EDT), at the Station’s office at 800 de la Gauchetière West, suite 1100, Montreal.
REPLACEMENT OF THE PRIZE AND MODIFICATION TO THE CONTEST
8. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred without the prior written consent of Cogeco, substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for cash. In the event that, for reasons beyond its control and not related to the Winner, Cogeco is unable to award the Prize as described in these rules and regulations, Cogeco reserves the right to award a Prize (or a portion thereof) of same nature and equivalent value.
9. The Organizer reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the "Régie") in Quebec, to withdraw, modify or suspend this Contest (or amend these rules and regulations) in any way, if an event beyond the reasonable control of the Organizer interferes with the proper conduct of the Contest as contemplated by these rules and regulations, including, but not limited to, an error, technical problem, computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure of any kind.
10. The decisions of the Organizer affecting all aspects of the Contest are binding to all entrants and are final and without appeal, including, without limitation, any decision regarding the eligibility and disqualification of an entry or entrant.
OWNERSHIP OF THE ENTRY FORMS
11. All of the Contest’s Entry Forms belong to the Organizer, the sponsors and their respective advertising or promotional agencies.
CONSENT TO THE USE OF THE REPRESENTATION OF THE PERSON
12. By entering the Contest, each registered entrant, including the Winner, consents to the use of their name, city of residence, photograph, voice, image and any other aspect of their person for advertising and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, in any and all media used by the Organizer, the sponsors and their respective advertising agencies, without any form of compensation, payment or indemnification.
CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
COMPLIANCE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST
14. Any Entry Form or attempted entry using electronic, computerized or other means contrary to the intent of the Contest (e.g., hacking, mass e-mailing, etc.) will be automatically rejected and may be referred to the appropriate legal authorities. Any automated Entry Form will be detected and rejected.
COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS
15. All entrants agree to abide by the Contest’s rule and regulations, which are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Organizer and the sponsors. The applicable law is the law of Quebec.
PARTICIPATION IN ANOTHER COGECO CONTEST
16. [The Winner will not be eligible to participate in any other contest held on the Station for a period of thirty (30) days following the date of the draw where they were designated Winner.]
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
17. To be declared the Winner, the entrant whose Entry Form was selected in the draw for the Prize must meet the entry and eligibility requirements set out in the Contest’s rules and regulations. Failure to comply with one or more of these conditions will result in automatic disqualification and another draw will be held to determine a new winner.
18. Cogeco will notify the Winner by telephone and/or email. In the event that Cogeco is unable to contact any person selected in one or more of the draws for any reason whatsoever within forty-eight (48) hours following the draw, Cogeco will proceed with as many new draws as necessary from the entries in order to award the Prize.
19. In order to claim their Prize, the Winner will be required to complete and sign a Declaration and Release Form (the "Form") which will be given to them at the Station’s office located at 800 de la Gauchetière West, suite 1100, Montreal. Failure to submit the signed Form to the Station’s office by the November 20th 2020 at 5:00pm (EDT) will result in the Prize not being drawn again and the Prize will not be awarded.
20. Cogeco will inform the Winner by e-mail and/or by mail and/or by telephone and/or by courier of the details relating to the transmission of the Prize.
21. In the event that the Winner has not claimed the Prize at the Station office by the November 20th 2020 at 5:00pm (EDT), the Prize will not be drawn again and will simply not be awarded.
22. The Organizer, its companies and divisions and any other legal entity of its corporate group, affiliated cable distributors, advertising or promotional agencies and respectively its shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents, as well as any other person involved in the Contest (the "Releasees") release the Organizer from all liability related to the Prize and the Contest and provide no warranty with respect thereto.
23. The Organizer will not assume any liability whatsoever in any case where its inability to act results from a fact or situation beyond its control or from a strike, lockout or any other labour dispute in its establishments or in the establishments of the organizations or businesses whose services are used to hold the Contest or from any fact or situation resulting from the Winner.
24. The Releasees will not be liable for incomplete or incomprehensible contact information from Contest entrants. The Organizer reserves the right to reject any Entry Form that is incomplete, illegible, mutilated or that contains a human or mechanical error and to draw another Entry Form.
25. Releasees will not be liable for any problems including, but not limited to: technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or any other problems resulting directly or indirectly from a virus, worm, bug or failure to send email to Cogeco for any reason, including, but not limited to, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or any combination thereof. Cogeco and the other Releasees will not be held responsible for any damage to the entrant's computer equipment as a result of entering the Contest. The Releasees will not be held responsible for any damage or problem that may be caused by a signal interruption or technical failure in the broadcast and/or reception of the Station's signal. Cogeco and the other Releasees shall not be liable for any other matter that may interfere with the proper conduct of the Contest in accordance with the rules and regulations set out herein, including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the cancellation or postponement of on-air promotions of the said Contest.
26. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest in any way (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws. In such an event, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Organizer, with the consent of the Régie, reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest or to amend the Contest’s rules and regulations in the event of any accident, printing or administrative error or other error of any kind, without prior notice or obligation. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to administer another skill-testing exercise as it deems appropriate in the circumstances or to comply with applicable laws.
27. For Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
28. The name of any Contest Winner will be available from October 19th 2020 to November 20th 2020, Monday to Friday between the 9:00am and the 5:00pm at the Station’s office at 800 de la Gauchetière West, suite 1100, Montreal.
29. The Contest’s rules and regulations are available, for the entire duration of the Contest, at the Station offices and on the website at: thebeat925.ca.
30. In the event of any discrepancy or conflict between the English language version of these rules and regulations and any disclosure or other statement contained in any Contest-related materials, including, without limitation: the Entry Form, the Website, the French language version of these rules and regulations, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the French language provisions of these rules and regulations shall prevail and govern to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.