RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The " Beat Cash Vault " contest (the " Contest ") is organized by Cogeco Media Acquisitions Inc. or Cogeco
Media Inc. (" Cogeco ") . It begins on the 26th of October 2020 at 07:20 ( EDT ) and ends on the 13th of
November 2020 at 07:20 ( EDT ). All references to time in these rules and regulations refer to Eastern
Daylight Time ( EDT ).
2. The Contest is open to all Quebec residents aged eighteen (18) and over , with the exception of employees,
agents and/or representatives of the Organizer or its affiliated companies, advertising agencies and
Contest-related stakeholders, as well as, respectively, any person with whom such employee, agent and/or
representative is domiciled or any member of their immediate family. For the purposes of the Contest’s rules
and regulations, "immediate family" means the father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, husband and wife
or common-law partner of such employee, agent and/or representative.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
For a chance to win, you have to:
3.1 Starting Monday October 26th 2020, listen to The Beat 92.5 and Nikki & The Morning Show
Monday to Friday at 07:20. Each contestant is given the chance to open a Beat Cash Vault to
win the amount of money inside. They are then given the chance to open subsequent vaults
to win additional cash. However, if they open a vault that is empty, they lose all the cash they
have accumulated during play and win nothing.
3.2 No purchase necessary.
4. All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Organizer reserves the right, at its
sole discretion, to require proof of identity or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Organizer, including
official photo identification): (i) to confirm a person's eligibility to participate in the Contest, (ii) to confirm the
eligibility or legitimacy of an entry (or purported entry) in the Contest, or (iii) for any other reason the
Organizer deems necessary in its sole discretion to administer the Contest in accordance with the rules and
regulations. Failure to provide such proof to the Organizer’s full satisfaction within the time period specified
by the Organizer may result in disqualification, at the Organizer’s sole discretion. The Contest server(s) is
the sole determinant of the date and time for the purposes of the Contest.
5. A maximum of fifteen (15) cash prizes totaling eleven thousand dollars ($ 11,000) in cash.7. The Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to replace the Prize with one of comparable value if it
cannot be awarded to the winner as described herein for any reason whatsoever.
REPLACEMENT OF THE PRIZE AND MODIFICATION TO THE CONTEST
6. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred without the prior written consent of
Cogeco, substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for cash. In the event that, for
reasons beyond its control and not related to the Winner, Cogeco is unable to award the Prize as described
in these rules and regulations, Cogeco reserves the right to award a Prize (or a portion thereof) of same
nature and equivalent value.
7. The Organizer reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des
jeux (the " Régie ") in Quebec, to withdraw, modify or suspend this Contest (or amend these rules and
regulations) in any way, if an event beyond the reasonable control of the Organizer interferes with the proper
conduct of the Contest as contemplated by these rules and regulations, including, but not limited to, an error,
technical problem, computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure of
8. The decisions of the Organizer affecting all aspects of the Contest are binding to all entrants and are final
and without appeal, including, without limitation, any decision regarding the eligibility and disqualification of
an entry or entrant.
OWNERSHIP OF THE ENTRY FORMS
9. All of the Contest’s Entry Forms belong to the Organizer, the sponsors and their respective advertising or
CONSENT TO THE USE OF THE REPRESENTATION OF THE PERSON
10. By entering the Contest, each registered entrant, including the Winner, consents to the use of their name,
city of residence, photograph, voice, image and any other aspect of their person for advertising and
programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, in any and all media used by the Organizer, the sponsors
and their respective advertising agencies, without any form of compensation, payment or indemnification.
CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
11. By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing personal information including, but not limited to, name,
address, city of residence, e-mail address, home and work telephone numbers (the " Personal
Information "), each Contest entrant grants permission to the Organizer and the sponsors to collect and use
the Personal Information for the sole purpose of administering the Contest and selecting the Prize Winner in
https://www.cogeco.ca/corpo/ccc/fr/legal/vie-privee/politique/ ). No communication will be established
between the Organizer, the sponsors and the Contest entrants outside the Contest. This section does not
limit any other consent that an individual may provide to the Organizer or others with respect to the
collection, use or disclosure of their personal information.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST
12. Any Entry Form or attempted entry using electronic, computerized or other means contrary to the intent of
the Contest (e.g., hacking, mass e-mailing, etc.) will be automatically rejected and may be referred to the
appropriate legal authorities. Any automated Entry Form will be detected and rejected.
COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS
13. All entrants agree to abide by the Contest’s rule and regulations, which are subject to change at the sole
discretion of the Organizer and the sponsors. The applicable law is the law of Quebec.
PARTICIPATION IN ANOTHER COGECO CONTEST
14. [The Winner will not be eligible to participate in any other contest held on the Station for a period of
thirty (30) days following the date of the draw where they were designated Winner.]
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
15. To be declared the Winner, the entrant whose Entry Form was selected in the draw for the Prize must meet
the entry and eligibility requirements set out in the Contest’s rules and regulations. Failure to comply with
one or more of these conditions will result in automatic disqualification and another draw will be held to
determine a new winner.
16. Cogeco will notify the Winner by telephone and/or email. In the event that Cogeco is unable to contact any
person selected in one or more of the draws for any reason whatsoever within forty-eight (48) hours
following the draw, Cogeco will proceed with as many new draws as necessary from the entries in order to
award the Prize.
17. In order to claim their Prize, the Winner will be required to complete and sign a Declaration and Release
Form (the " Form ") which will be given to them at the Station’s office located at 800 de la Gauchetiere O.
Suite 1100 Montreal, Qc . Failure to submit the signed Form to the Station’s office by the 11th of December
2020 at 17:00 ( EDT ) will result in the Prize not awarded.
18. Cogeco will inform the Winner by e-mail and/or by mail and/or by telephone and/or by courier of the details
relating to the transmission of the Prize.
19. In the event that the Winner has not claimed the Prize at the Station office by the 11th of December 2020 at
17:00 ( EDT ), the Prize will simply not be awarded.
20. The Organizer, its companies and divisions and any other legal entity of its corporate group, affiliated cable
distributors, advertising or promotional agencies and respectively its shareholders, directors, officers,
employees and agents, as well as any other person involved in the Contest (the " Releasees ") release the
Organizer from all liability related to the Prize and the Contest and provide no warranty with respect thereto.
21. The Organizer will not assume any liability whatsoever in any case where its inability to act results from a
fact or situation beyond its control or from a strike, lockout or any other labour dispute in its establishments
or in the establishments of the organizations or businesses whose services are used to hold the Contest or
from any fact or situation resulting from the Winner.
22. The Releasees will not be liable for incomplete or incomprehensible contact information from Contest
entrants. The Organizer reserves the right to reject any Entry Form that is incomplete, illegible, mutilated or
that contains a human or mechanical error and to draw another Entry Form.
23. Releasees will not be liable for any problems including, but not limited to: technical malfunction of any
telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software,
or any other problems resulting directly or indirectly from a virus, worm, bug or failure to send email to
Cogeco for any reason, including, but not limited to, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or
any combination thereof. Cogeco and the other Releasees will not be held responsible for any damage to
the entrant's computer equipment as a result of entering the Contest. The Releasees will not be held
responsible for any damage or problem that may be caused by a signal interruption or technical failure in the
broadcast and/or reception of the Station's signal. Cogeco and the other Releasees shall not be liable for
any other matter that may interfere with the proper conduct of the Contest in accordance with the rules and
regulations set out herein, including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the cancellation or
postponement of on-air promotions of the said Contest.
24. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest in
any way (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil
laws. In such an event, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent
permitted by law. The Organizer, with the consent of the Régie, reserves the right to cancel or suspend the
Contest or to amend the Contest’s rules and regulations in the event of any accident, printing or
administrative error or other error of any kind, without prior notice or obligation. Without limiting the
generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to administer another
skill-testing exercise as it deems appropriate in the circumstances or to comply with applicable laws.
25. For Quebec residents : Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be
submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the
Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
26. The name of any Contest Winner will be available from the 26th of October 2020 to the 11th of December
2020, Monday to Friday between the 09:00 and 17:00 at the Station’s office at 800 de la Gauchetiere O
Suite 1100, Montreal, Qc. .
27. The Contest’s rules and regulations are available, for the entire duration of the Contest, at the Station offices
and on the website at: www.thebeat925.ca .
28. In the event of any discrepancy or conflict between the English language version of these rules and
regulations and any disclosure or other statement contained in any Contest-related materials, including,
without limitation: the Entry Form, the Website, the French language version of these rules and regulations,
or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the French language provisions of these rules and
regulations shall prevail and govern to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.