Jennifer Aniston has assured fans the highly-anticipated Friends reunion special will happen, despite ongoing delays amid the Covid-19 crisis.
On Friday producer Leo Pearlman told Deadline filming had been slated to begin in the next two weeks, but representatives from streamer HBO Max distanced themselves from the claims, with reports emerging that the show had been pushed to May 2021.
Insisting that the gathering, which will also feature David Schwimmer, Matt LeBlanc, Courteney Cox, Matthew Perry and Lisa Kudrow will happen at some point, Jennifer told the publication: “Unfortunately it’s very sad that we had to move it again."
Stating the delay was due to coronavirus safety concerns, she explained: "It was, ‘How do we do this with live audiences?’ This is not a safe time. Period. That’s the bottom line. It’s not a safe time to do it.”
While the star didn't share any further details, she insisted the setback will give the cast and creatives a chance to further develop the reunion, adding: “This has also given us more time to make it even more exciting and more fun than it would have been. So I choose to see it as the glass is half-full that it got postponed."
Aniston also asserted: “Look, we’re not going anywhere. You’re never going to get rid of Friends, sorry. You’re stuck with us for life guys.”
The reunion was originally scheduled to air as the new streaming service debuted earlier this summer.