Nikki, Sam and Andy discuss, at what age do you think you could call yourself an “independent adult”.
According to studies the younger generation, do not truly become adults until the age of 26 which is a lot older than it used to be.
Why are people becoming adults later?
- It takes longer for people to become adults due to the economy.
- It takes longer to get a post-secondary education.
- People also choose to stay longer in school.
- People choose to take a year off.
- a "lack of effort" for the struggle, the younger generation are giving up a little quicker than the other generations.
There are many things on a checklist that they concluded really make someone an “independent adult”:
- Making your own appointments.
- Doing your own laundry.
- Not borrowing money from your parents.
- Paying your own bills.
- Efficiently budgeting.