Do your kids think you’re cool? Yeah, ours neither… It’s truly a hard title to achieve as a parent! However, if you are looking for ways to keep your cool in front of your kids, follow these simple steps -
According to a survey conducted by OnePoll, 2,000 American moms were asked to identify the various traits that they believe consider them as “cool” to their kids. Following their response, they had their children “set the record straight”.
Here were the results:
- More than 50% of moms show off their coolness based on what they pack for lunch… And if you can get your kids to enjoy healthy food, your coolness can’t be overlooked.
- 3 in 5 kids say that their mom is definitely considered cool if she’s able to help them out with their homework or school projects.
- 48% of moms attempt to cut up their lunch food in fun shapes and sizes, while 47% try to make the lunches as colorful as possible… A cool & creative mom indeed!
However, if you are to attempt any of the following… Your kids won’t be too impressed, according to them:
- If you use their pet names and nicknames in front of your child’s friends, like “Honey Bunches” or “Emmy” instead of “Emily”.
- The same also applies if you shout their nickname at a public event or if they are playing sports.
- Finally, all bets are off if you start dancing in public. That is an absolute no-go for 40% of kids.
No matter what your kids may say about your small actions, we know you’re doing amazing & they are so lucky to have a mom like yourself.
Keep it up…. Well, maybe not the public dancing!