They say life begins at 40, but what’s that about? Are we just conditioning ourselves to ignore the fact that we’re getting old and to feel like we’re pushing back the inevitable? Or is there some truth in that belief?
Here are ten good reasons to love life in your 40s:
- Following the early mistakes in life, the trials and tribulations of the workplace, and the challenge to start a family, your forties arrive like a well-deserved break.
- You’re spending your life with someone who really loves you, with all your qualities and flaws, even after all these years.
- At 40, your body has changed, but you know how to take good care of it. Social pressures and stereotypes be damned; you’ve learned to feel good about yourself.
- At this point, your career is solidly established, the experience you’ve gained makes work easier, and some interesting promotions and opportunities knock at your door.
- Your income is higher than at 20 or 30, plus it’s not entirely dedicated to buying a house or raising your first child.
- Raising children, even with adolescence coming, is a heck of a lot easier and less exhausting than when they’re babies.
- The burden of household chores is significantly lifted as children grow up and help around the house, leaving parents with more time to relax and do what they please.
- Cooking is cool again and not just a family obligation. Over time, you’ve learned how to eat healthy and enjoy the finer things in life.
- You regain plenty of your sexual desire. Women, in particular, know their body and what turns them on, and many even decide to try new things and experiences.
- At 40, you realize that life can be short and this helps you live in the present and enjoy every moment.