The Montreal ZenFest is this Saturday, July 14th, at 9am. The festival is all about celebrating life and connecting with your innerself through a rich cultural and social experience... But do we really have the tools we need in life to stay zen?
We asked morning show host Nikki how she likes to stay zen in her day-to-day life. Here are the tips & tricks she shared with us!
- Yoga - Whether it's going to classes or just doing it at home, yoga is a great way to releive the stress of your day or long week. It's also a great way to stay in shape and flexible.
- Gratitude Journaling - Sometimes, our minds are filled with so much emotion that it becomes hard to not stress about it. A great way to relieve that stress is to write down what you're grateful for. That way, you'll be focusing on the positive rather than on the negative.
- Time in Nature - After a long week or day, a great way to stay zen is to take a nice walk, either in a park or somewhere quiet around your area to clear your thoughts. Being in the presence of nature has been shown to have vast positive effects on the body and mind, including reduced blood pressure, anxiety and better fitness.
- Meditation - Meditation can be challenging to master, but it's worth it. Clear your mind and relax while you meditate with some nice scented aromatherapy candles and soft music - it's one of the oldest and best methods of connecting with your inner self.
- Listening to Music - Did you ever hear that one song that just connected to you the moment you heard it? Music is a gateway to help you cope with your emotions and get through tough times. It's also a great way to just relax!
Incorporate these simple habits into your daily routine, and you'll likely feel much better an in-touch with yourself!