Would you like to own one or more pieces of STM memorabilia to decorate your home with? Now is your chance to get your hands on authentic vintage STM items, directly at the source!
Over the past months and years, the STM has been progressively modernizing all sorts of things on its massive network. As a result, all sorts of outdated signs and accessories are no longer being used and now take up too much space in the STM’s storage facilities.
Now, Montreal’s transit authority has announced a vintage “garage sale” of all of its old, outdated and unused accessories – perfect to use for some very cool home decoration!
The items that have been announced for sale include some very cool stuff!
- Fare boxes used on buses up until the 2000s
- Small bus route signs which were posted at the front of buses, when necessary
- Signage, including platform banners, taken down from certain métro stations in recent years
- Parts from MR-63 cars recently retired from service
STM VINTAGE GARAGE SALE
- Where: Bellechasse garage, 5990 Casgrain Street (Rosemont Metro)
- When: Sunday, October 14, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
We’ve managed to collect a number of vintage items, and now it’s time to find them a new home. In response to our customers’ wishes, the STM is creating an opportunity for collectors and Montréal public transit history buffs to acquire a variety of items. They will also have a chance to look around Bellechasse garage, which was built in 1941 and will be demolished next year to make room for a new bus garage.
Proceeds from this “Garage sale” will be donated to charity.