Montreal’s annual “No Pants Subway Ride” is back! This Sunday (Jan. 13), dozens of brave Montrealers will meet up at Sherbrooke station, remove their pants and take an otherwise perfectly innocent subway ride.
The tradition, which of course HAS to happen in the middle of winter, started out in New York City and has since spread out to many major cities with subway systems, including Chicago, San Francisco, Hartford, Toronto, Brisbane, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Warsaw, Lisbon, Prague and more!
Montreal’s No Pants Subway Ride starts with a meeting point at 2:30 at Sherbrook station, on the orange line. Once there, the group will remove their pants in preparation for a 2:50 departure.
- 2:50 the pantsless group leaves Sherbrooke towards Berri-UQÀM;
- Transfer to the green line, towards Angrignon;
- Participants are invited to “take their time” on the downtown stretch of the green line, stop and chat with people and admire the stations until the next regroup;
- 3:20 regroup at Lionel-Groulx;
- Departure towards Berri-UQÀM, this time via the orange line;
- 3:50 meetup at Berri-UQÀM at the central square between the turnstyles (“The Puck”) for a group picture.
- 4:00 for those who want, participants will meet up at a bar near Berri-UQÀM for drinks. Visit the official Facebook event to be kept in the loop about where the group will meet.