It's the long weekend and we are all so excited! In case you are trying to find out what is open and closed for the long weekend, here is your list below:
- Most offices will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday (Borough offices and Accès-Montreal offices and service points)
Municipal court will be closed both days.
- Canada Post will not have any collection or delivery of mail on either Friday or Monday.
- Banks are closed Friday but open on Monday.
- STM will be running on a holiday schedule.
- AMT will be be running on a holiday schedule.
Garbage and recycling
- Garbage, recycling and compost pickup will continue on a regular schedule.
- The city's eco-centres are open Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., but will be closed Monday.
Sports and cultural centres
- Arenas, pools, libraries, sports centres and community centres will vary. We recommend calling in advance.
Museums and attractions
- The Montreal Biodome, The Montreal Insectarium, The Montreal Botanical Garden or the Rio Tinto Alcan Planetarium are open regular hours on Friday and Monday. A great in-town family activity!
- Pointe-à-Callière Museum will be open Friday and Monday.
- Public markets as well as the Bonsecours market will be open.
- Shopping centres and most retail will be closed Sunday.
- Grocery stores will be closed Sunday.
- SAQ will be closed on Sunday. However, if it's an SAQ Express, it will be open.
- Parking signs must be respected throughout the holiday weekend
- All parking meters are still in operation.
See all of our Easter activity ideas for the whole family with The Beat of your Easter! Click below.