July 1st is a federal holiday, and Canada turns 150!
Be aware of what’s open and closed on Canada Day! Lots of stores and businesses will be closed, others will be open. Make sure to call beforehand just to make sure, and you should also do so on Friday and Monday, since many businesses give their employees a holiday on one of those days as well.
The STM will be running on a regular weekend schedule.
OPEN ON JULY 1st:
- SAQ (except those in malls)
- Pharmacies (with some reduced hours)
- Outdoor markets
- Most depanneurs
- Most grocery stores
- La Ronde
- Movie theatres
- The observatory at Place Ville-Marie
- Restaurants are allowed to stay open (but call beforehand to make sure)
- Montreal Casino
- Montreal Science Centre
- Pointe-À-Callière Museum
- Biodome, Botanical Garden, Insectarium
- Most gas stations
CLOSED ON JULY 1st:
- Most retail stores
- Banks (most will be closed Monday as well)
- Post Offices (will be closed Monday as well)
- Government offices & courts (municipal, federal & provincial) (most will be closed Monday as well)