Quebec's ministry of health will no longer provide daily updates on the number of people who have contracted or died of COVID-19. Instead, they plan on providing a weekly breakdown of the situation.
The announcement was made via a press release on Wednesday. According to the health ministry, starting July 2, they will only provide the statistics on a weekly basis every Thursday.
These updates include the number of cases and hospitalizations in the province, the number of tests conducted, and how many people have died.
Quebec public health officials announced Wednesday that there are now 5,448 people who have died of COVID-19 in Quebec, as confirmed cases in the province reached 55,709.
That’s an increase of seven from the 5,441 deaths reported Wednesday; six of those deaths occurred over the past 24 hours, public health authorities said, while one death took place before June 17
A new report says Canada has given $13 million in COVID-19 fines
Meanwhile, a new report from the Canadian Civil Liberties Association (CCLA) states that so far, police officers across Canada have issued more than 10,000 tickets (totaled at least $13 million) for alleged violations of anti-pandemic emergency measures.
According to the report, Quebec has issued 77% of the COVID-19-related fines in Canada to a combined total of 6600 people between April 1 and June 15. Ontario (2853) and Nova Scotia (555) follow with just 18% and 3%, respectively.