Last week Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Theresa Tam said that so long as everyone follows the rules, there’s no need to cancel Halloween. Now a week later, the Quebec government has finally given the green light for Quebecers to partake in trick-or-treating this year so long as they follow certain guidelines.
“Halloween happens outside, and we know that the outdoors is less risky than being inside,” said Legault at a news conference in Montreal on Thursday.
Legault said that in order to proceed with trick-or-treating, two conditions must be met for a safe Halloween evening:
First, children must only travel with family members they live with. Second, people giving out candy should ensure a safe distance is kept from the kids trick-or-treating.
Legault also said that parties for adults would not be allowed.
“One thing is for sure: Halloween parties for adults are out,” he said.