Quebec health authorities reported 1,072 more cases of COVID-19 in the province on Wednesday.
Two deaths have been attributed to the past 24 hours and 17 have been added from earlier on in the month bringing the total number of cases since the start of the pandemic to 96,288 and the total number of deaths to 6,074.
Public health is also reporting 1,712,776 negative tests and 565 hospitalizations, 94 of which are in intensive care.
The City of Montreal once again reported the highest number of new cases across Quebec, with 223 (total 39,935), followed by Monteregie, with 212 (total 14,086) and Quebec City, with 190 (total 7,697).
Despite the continued rise in cases, Mylène Drouin, the city’s director of public health, said at a press conference this morning that cases are “stabilizing” throughout the island and that Montreal is now “progressing in the right direction.”
Meanwhile, Montreal Mayor Valérie Plante urges citizens to continue following guidelines from public health.
“We must not relax our efforts because they work,” she said. “All of us together, we make a difference.”