Alright here it is, the one we’ve all been waiting for. How to make fake blood for your vampire, zombie or slasher Halloween costume. The best part is that everything you need is probably already in your kitchen. Both of our fake blood recipes will stain clothing, so be careful!
For a bright, thin and ideal “blood” for dripping or splattering:
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup
- Add 6-9 drops of red food coloring until you achieve a shade you’re happy with. Add one drop at a time and mix thoroughly so you don’t oversaturate.
For a thicker blood, that smears and stays in place, i.e. for fake wounds:
- 1 cup of white corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- 1/3 cup of water (add slowly until it’s the consistency you want.)
- Add single drops of red food coloring at a time, to achieve the color you want.
- Add a drop of blue food coloring and stir, to make it look a little more authentic.
- Set aside to thicken a little before applying.