Have you wanted to ask for a raise, but have no idea how to start the conversation…Nikki, Sam and Andy discuss some GREAT tips that just might help you.
- Do the proper research and know the number. Figure out a fair amount of money to ask for.
- Practice salary negotiations, practice with a friend or family member.
- Start on a positive note. Don't be too aggressive.
- Create a demand on the work you do.
- Know your value.
- Schedule a meeting. Find the right time that works best for you and your boss.
- Be Specific.
- Be Patient. Let your boss think it over and get back to you.