Montreal, December 4th, 2019 – The Numeris Fall 2019 ratings are in, and The Beat 92.5 has outperformed its previous book, with a 26.6 share in the 25-54 Adult demographic1. The Beat 92.5 continues to dominate English Montreal Radio as the #1 radio station in the city, reaching 1.9 million listeners every week.2 The Beat 92.5 beats Virgin in all key categories by a margin of two to one (2+, A25-54, W25-54)3. This is our best result EVER in the A25-54 demo.4 Within the survey area, which covers Greater Montreal, Laval and the South Shore, The Beat 92.5 is the #1 English Music Station among listeners of all ages!5
These results confirm without a doubt that The Beat 92.5 is Montreal’s favourite radio station. The connection between our radio station and this city is undeniable. Our goal is to provide Montrealers with good music and great fun and we love to be able to do so on a daily basis! To be able to work with the most talented radio team in the city is the best part of the job. These results are just the icing on the cake!
The Beat 92.5 has written Montreal Morning Radio history this fall with two major accomplishments. Not only does The Beat have the #1 morning show in Montreal with Adults 25-546, but for the first time ever, the number one morning show is being led by a strong, intelligent and engaging woman, our very own Nikki Balch as the leader of “Mornings with Nikki, Sam and Andy”.
“Being given the opportunity to host a morning show in Montreal has been a dream come true. The fact that Montreal has embraced the show has made it part of their morning routine truly means the world to us. The response has been unbelievable! I love waking up this amazing city every morning with Sam & Andy and I hope that our success will result in more women being given more opportunities to take on leadership roles in broadcasting in the future.
The Beat of your workday with Donna & CJ, on The Beat 92.5 continues to be the most popular choice during the weekday among listeners of all ages, making it the city’s #1 workday station.7
The Beat 5@7 with Cat Spencer and Claudia Marques also ranks as Montreal’s #1 drive home show, making it the way everyone loves to end their workday!8
And finally, Feel Good Weekends with Nat Lauzon is still the #1 place to be in Montreal Saturday and Sunday.9
At work, at home, and at play on the weekends, Montreal’s number one Perfect Mix can always be found at The Beat 92.5!
You know you’re home when you turn on The Beat 92.5. We have a great team, and our talented group of announcers continue to put their heart and soul into the station, and our listeners reciprocate by tuning in. We continue to deliver culture, entertainment, passion, and great music, a perfect mix of what makes up this beautiful city. In this industry, you evolve or you dissolve. At The Beat 92.5 we strive to be relatable and continue to evolve with the trends of our listeners.
- Source: Numeris, PPM, CKBE, Fall 2019 (May 27 to August 25 2019), Montreal anglo, share, A25-54, Mo-Su 2a-2a
- Source: Numeris, PPM, CKBE, Fall 2019 (August 25 to November 24 2019), Canada (Weekly Reach), A2+, Mo-Su 2a-2a
- Source: Numeris, PPM, CKBE vs CJFM, Fall 2019 (May 27 to August 25 2019), Montreal anglo, share, A2+, A25-54, W25-54, Mo-Su 2a-2a
- Source: Numeris, PPM, CKBE, From Fall 2008 to Fall 2019 (May 27 to August 25 2019), Montreal anglo, share, A25-54, Mo-Su 2a-2a
- Source: Numeris, PPM, CKBE vs CJFM, CHOM, Fall 2019 (May 27 to August 25 2019), Montreal anglo, share, A2+, Mo-Su 2a-2a
- Source: Numeris, PPM, CKBE, Fall 2019 (August 25 to November 24 2019), Montreal anglo, market share, A25-54, Mo-Fr 5:30a-8:20a
- Source: Numeris, PPM, CKBE, Fall 2019 (August 25 to November 24 2019), Montreal anglo, market share, A2+, Mo-Fr 8:20a-5p
- Source: Numeris, PPM, CKBE, Fall 2019 (August 25 to November 24 2019), Montreal anglo, market share, A2+, Mo-Th-5p-7p
- Source: Numeris, PPM, CKBE, Fall 2019 (August 25 to November 24 2019), Montreal anglo, market share, A2+, Sa-Su-12p-5p
Source: The Beat Programming
Contact: Christine Dicaire ▪ Senior Marketing and Communication Director Cogeco Media (514) 787-7799 ext 7149 ▪ email@example.com
ABOUT COGECO MEDIA
Cogeco subsidiary, Cogeco Media, owns and operates 22 radio stations across Québec and one station in Ontario, including talk network stations 98.5 in Montréal, 106.9 in Mauricie, 107.7 in Estrie and 104.7 in Outaouais; Rhythm FM network stations in Montréal, Mauricie and Estrie; the stations of the Planète network in Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean, of the Capitale Rock and Wow network in Abitibi-Témiscamingue, and in Lachute and in Hawkesbury (Ontario). Cogeco Media also owns CIME stations in the Laurentians, CKOI, The Beat and Radio Circulation in Montréal, FM 93 and M102.9 in Québec City as well as 95,7 KYK in Saguenay. Leaders in their respective markets, Cogeco Media’s stations reach more than 5.3 million listeners each week, offering varied and relevant programming for a wide audience. It also owns Cogeco Nouvelles, the largest private news radio agency in Québec.