Sunday September 1st Hurricane Dorian, a category 5 hurricane struck the northern Bahamas devastating communities, causing major damage to homes and the islands main airport. Grand Bahama Island and Great Abaco are left completely submerged by floodwater.
Hurricane Dorian moved slowly over the Bahamas late Sunday. A slow pace hurricane gives storms more time to dump rain plus with powerful winds which can lead to more flooding and more damage.
- The RED CROSS has 200 volunteers in the Abaco Islands and Grand Bahama which provides shelters, food, water, medicine & communications.
- The Global Giving has established the Hurricane Dorian Relief Fund which provides emergency supplies and long-term assistance to help in rebuilding.
- The World Central Kitchen, provides food to people after natural disasters.
- The HeadKnowles is a Bahamian organization, they set up a Go Fund Me page.
- The Yacht Aid Global provides food, hygiene kits and medicine.
- The Team Rubicon is a organization that provides military veterans for disaster relief