Go to content

Jenna Dewan follows the 80/20 diet

Jenna Dewan follows the 80/20 diet
/ Cover Media

Jenna Dewan doesn’t deprive herself of her food favourites but generally chooses healthy options.

Actress and dancer Jenna follows an 80/20 approach to her diet, eating well 80 per cent of the time and indulging in things like nachos and fries the remaining 20 per cent.

“I don’t deprive myself,” she said in the cover interview for the new Women’s Health magazine. “But I try to choose healthy most of the time.”

However, she admits her skill set doesn’t lie in the kitchen. While she can happily whip up her daily morning smoothie of spinach, romaine, celery, cilantro, parsley, apple, banana, and lemon, her fiancé Steve Kazee and children Callum, 11 months, and seven-year-old Everly, her daughter with ex-husband Channing Tatum, prefer her to keep away from meal prep.

“In the beginning of quarantine, I was trying to cook more. But then people in the house were like, ‘You’ve got a lot of strengths. I don’t know if cooking is one of them,’” she laughed.

She does manage to make her ‘Jenna Salad’ though; chopped carrots, bell peppers, broccoli, avocado, and sometimes even sauerkraut topped with a veggie burger and dressed with lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper.

“It’s delicious,” the 40-yeard-old smiled. “The warm veggie burger makes you feel like you’re eating more than a salad.”

 

Subscribe to our newletter!Subscribe to our newletter!
By subscribing, I agree to receive communications by email from Cogeco Média and its affiliates, including news, updates, activities and contests. You can unsubscribe at any time by using the link at the bottom of our emails or contacting us via our Privacy Policy. Please note, however, that we may still continue to send you service-related and other non-commercial communications. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Streaming will resume following advertisement.
The Beat's All-Request Lunch Hour
Live