In honour of Earth Day, here are different tips on how you can practice sustainability in your daily routine to help better the planet:
1. Shop from brands that use recycled materials
2. Repurpose old objects instead of throwing them away: Old towels can become new cloth rags
3. Get your steps in and avoid driving as much as possible
4. Go paperless: Choose electronic bills over having them mailed to you
5. Use a cloth towel instead of a paper towel
Source: Elva Etienne / Moment / Getty Images
6. Bring a reusable cup to your next coffee shop visit
7. Support small businesses and shop at a farmer’s market. The best way to learn where your food is coming from is from the source themselves!
8. Put your brown bin to good use and compost your food waste
9. Switch to reusable water bottles
10. Save money and lower your carbon footprint by starting your own garden
The more we work together, the more our planet will thank us. Happy Earth Day from all of us here at The Beat 92.5!