Remember a year ago when people were stocking up on baking flour and toilet paper. Well, it seems our priorities are shifting as more and more people get vaccinated and things begin to reopen.
According to an article published in The Wallstreet Journal, deodorant, teeth whitener and condoms are now just some of the products flying off shelves. Sales of perfume, nail polish, swimsuits, sunscreen, tuxedos, and alarm clocks are also climbing fast, and surprisingly, alarm clock sales doubled in April.
What shouldn’t come as a surprise is the number one product that has seen a huge spike in sales is luggage. With travel restrictions lifted, plenty of people are clearly looking to travel after spending a year in lockdown. Here a list of items people have been stocking up on the most in the last few weeks:
1. Luggage, up 400% from last year.
2. Teeth whitening strips and beauty products. They've been one of the biggest sellers in the past few months according to Walmart.
3. Sales of party supplies are up 50%.
4. New clothing, especially warm weather clothes such as swimsuits are 60% from last year.
5. Razors and other shaving-related products. For both men and women.
6. Condoms and other sexual health products, up 32%.