Environment Canada has issued a heat wave warning in Montreal this week and it looks like it won’t be the last of the season…
The island of Montreal is expected to receive a high of 40+ degrees on Wednesday. While this isn’t the first heat wave of the summer season, Montrealers are warned to stay hydrated and remain in cool places as much as possible.
Here are some ways for you to keep cool during the summer heat:
- Drink plenty of water, even if you don’t feel thirsty.
- Keep box or ceiling fans on at all times to keep air circulation in your home.
- Avoid being in direct sunlight.
- Eliminate extra sources of heat (ex: turn off the lights, if you don’t need them).
- Stay in air-conditioned places, like shopping malls.
- Visit your local pool to keep body temperatures down.
- Avoid extreme exercise.
- Wear light clothing.
Always important to keep an eye out for young children, pregnant women, people with chronic illnesses, seniors, and pets during heat waves - as they are the most vulnerable.
According to The Weather Network, cooler temperatures are expected to return by the weekend.
Stay cool, Montreal!
Source: The Weather Network