A viral thread online has got many people talking about what people should accomplish (or at least strive for) when they are in their forties.
For years people have always talked about what you can look forward to in your teens, twenties, and thirties… But, there hasn’t been much talk about your forties, up until only recently.
With this idea in mind, someone decided to survey 2,000 people to see exactly what people should keep in mind when entering their forties, and here is what they came up with:
1. Relationships: When it comes to your love life… Be free! Let your heart fall deeply in love, but also be open to random one-night stands. Get your heart broken, but don’t be afraid of getting married… And if this is something you really want, have a baby.
2. Career: Whether you’re a few years into your career or starting from scratch… Do what your heart wants most. Go back to school, or stick to your position until you reach management level. Don’t beat yourself up if you get fired, you can always start your own business or find that dream job elsewhere. And above all: save money.
3. Travel: Get outside and explore. Travelling is the best way to rediscover yourself and to enjoy life to the fullest. If you’re able to, make an effort to visit other continents, try out a cruise, go whale watching, and maybe even buy tickets to see a show on Broadway. Whatever it is, get out of your comfort zone and explore.
4. Living arrangements: While the housing market isn’t the most attractive as it once was… Do your absolute best and try to make a house a home. Get an apartment in the city, or a house in the suburbs… Rent or buy, whatever it is, make it yours.
5. Life events: Now that all of the other stuff is out of the way, here’s the best advice on how you can enjoy life. Fall in love by adopting a pet. Have a hangover and feel guilt-free. Buy a lottery ticket every now and then. Say yes to social events, the expensive ones too. Maybe even get into a fight with someone… As long as you live happily.