As summer kicks into high gear, it's important that your pool follows the province's guidelines. The last thing you want is to get into hot waters over some rules, right?
As you prepare your pool for the warmer season, make sure it follows these official Quebec guidelines:
- Any inground, semi-inground and above-ground pools higher than 1.2 metres must be surrounded by a fence. This fence must be at least 1.2 metres tall.
- Any device linked to your pool's operation (such as a water heater), must be situated 1 metre from the pool's wall, with some exceptions.
- All inground and semi-inground pools must feature a ladder with a safety door.
- A permit is required to build, install, or replace your pool.
- Any violation of Quebec's pool safety rules is subject to fines between $500 and $700.
...and that's not all! To make sure your pool follows Quebec's full list of official rules and regulations, click here!
Source: mrs / Moment / Getty Images