Get ready for a magical end to the summer...because Montreal is expecting a rare 'blue supermoon' tomorrow night!
Not only will this be a full moon, but it will be a full 'supermoon'. In other words, supermoons occur when "the full Moon happens at (or very near) the exact time when the Moon is closest to us in its orbit," according to almanac.com.
While you might not notice the difference in size in this rare 'blue supermoon' tomorrow, you'll surely notice its brightness. Supermoons like the one we're expecting appear on average 16 percent brighter than regular full moons. Talk about lighting up the sky!
These Montreal spots will be sure to provide you the best views in town to gawk at this rare moon:
- Mont-Royal Park (Ville-Marie)
- Quai-de-la Tortue Park (Verdun)
- Montreal's Old Port (Ville-Marie)
- Bonaventure Hotel (Ville-Marie)
- Dieppe Park (Near Concorde Bridge)
- Botanical Garden (Hochelaga)
- Maynard-Ferguson Park (Verdun)
Don't miss out, Montreal! It all happens tomorrow night (August 30th)!