Nikki and Mark chat with Psychotherapist Lisa Brookman on how families can cope with self-isolating together.
Here are 6 tips to help you and your family.
- Talk about your feeling. The Fear of the unknown can cause a lot of anxiety.
- You need structure for your day to day.
- Have boundaries.
- Take some time for yourself.
- Social contact outside with other people through virtual platforms.
- Trying to hold on to that light at the end of the tunnel. Keep in mind that this is not forever.
When you are usually struggling with something, not everyone is struggling with the same thing so they are able to help you. But now more than ever everyone is in the same situation, so it might be harder for those you love to help you.
Know that talking about it can help you. There is so many online websites that you can go on to talk about how you are feeling. Also ask your family and friends how they are doing to try to ease the aniexty together.