With the holidays fast approaching, some of you may feel like you’re destined to gain weight before the end of the year. While many people do put on a few pounds over the holidays, it is important to remember that sometimes you might think you are putting on weight, but really, you're just bloated.
The good news is, when your belly is bloated, you haven't necessarily gained weight. Instead, you've likely gained water weight or are suffering through digestive issues that cause a distended belly. Unlike fat gain, however, bloated stomachs are oftentimes temporary. Here are a few common causes of bloating:
- Overeating is obviously the most common cause of bloating.
- Eating rich and fatty food can make you feel uncomfortably stuffed.
- Eating too fast.
- Your diet is high in sodium, which can cause water retention.
- You have a sensitivity to certain foods that cause bloating.
- You've increased the fiber in your diet.
Below is a list of foods that according to health experts, help reduce bloating:
6. Fennel tea
9. Green tea
16. Cayenne pepper
20. Chicken noodle soup
25. Chia seeds
26. Coconut water
35. Honeydew melon