How do you politely tell someone...”well that’s not really the gift I had in mind”.. or CAN you even?
A study asked 2,000 people about their gift-giving and holiday celebration habits
- 51% tend to wait until the last minute to do their holiday shopping.
- 46% of respondents feeling like they’re bad at giving gifts.
- 60% always struggle to find the perfect gift.
- 39% of people purchase their gift on Christmas Eve
The top places for shopping for last-minute gifts are:
- Grocery stores
- Drug stores
- Liquor stores
Six in 10 respondents said they easily get overwhelmed by the volume of gifts they have to purchase.
The worst last-minute gifts people have purchased included…
- A jar of peanuts
- An oven mitt
- Windshield wipers
- A bottle of shampoo
- Mouthwash, but they really needed it.
- Toilet paper
- Hydraulic fluid
- Plastic silverware
- An ashtray
- Some matches