Nothing hurts more than a broken heart. When your ribs feel like they’re caving in and your whole world stops… The worst feeling.
While venting to your friends and family are great ways to help ease the pain, Australian researchers say that they may have (finally) found the cure.
You know that pain you feel in your chest after a really bad breakup? Well, it’s not just an emotional sensation. In fact, doctors say that the left ventricle of the heart weakens during a heartbreak - causing this uncomfortable feeling. This is what doctors call “broken heart syndrome”.
Researchers from Monash University found that Suberanilohydroxamic acid (SAHA) can help to mend the broken heart:
“Suberanilohydroxamic acid is currently serving as a cancer treatment, with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approving its use. The drug works on the heart by protecting certain genes and the acetylation/deacetylation (Ac/Dc) index in particular. This is a vitally important process which regulates gene expression in humans.”
Experiencing broken heart syndrome? Check out this heartbreak playlist to help get you through it... We’re here for you!
1. "drivers license" - Olivia Rodrigo
2. "Save Your Tears" - The Weeknd
3. "Someone You Loved" - Lewis Capaldi
4. "Too Good at Goodbyes" - Sam Smith
5. "Stay" - Rihanna feat. Mikky Ekko
6. "Falling" - Harry Styles
7. "Lose You to Love Me" - Selena Gomez
8. "Someone Like You" - Adele
9. "Stay With Me" - Sam Smith
10. "Apologize" - OneRepublic