Louanne Ward has been in the dating industry for over two decades. She’s one of Australia’s leading relationship coaches and she’s recently unveiled a fascinating new ‘dating dictionary‘ that had everyone talking!
The new 'dating dictionary' compares what men and women typically say when dating and what they truly mean.
'If their words and actions aren't lining up this could be why, modern dating is a modern minefield,' she said.
'From "we need to take a break" to the classic "it's not you, it's me", they begin hitting you with the classic dating one-liners. But what do they truly mean? Use this dictionary as a guide to decode their words.'
Check our her interpretations below and let us know if you think she’s right or not!
1. 'I'm not looking for a relationship right now'
'I want to keep my options open OR I've been hurt in the past and want to avoid it.'
2. 'I'm fine'
'I'm not okay, the s**t is about to hit the fan.'
3. 'I don't want to ruin our friendship'
'There is no chance I am ever going to be with you.'
4. 'Sorry I haven't called, I've just been so swamped'
'You are low on my list of priorities, I'll call when I have nothing better to do.'
5. 'Do whatever you want, I don't mind'
'I'd much rather you do what I want. But I am testing you to see if you ignore what I want.'
6. 'It's not you, it's me'
'It's actually you, not me. I'm just trying to make you feel better.
7. 'I'm not sure what my plans are right now. Can I let you know?'
'I'll wait until the last minute and see if something better comes up.'
8. 'You're everything I want, I'm just damaged'
'I'm not prepared to work through my past traumas to be with you.'
9. 'Sorry I haven't been in touch, I have a lot going on right now'
'My needs are more important than your feelings.'
10. 'I'm not usually a jealous person'
'I feel insecure around you and have trust issues.'
11. 'I just don't want any drama'
'Drama follows me wherever I go.'
12. 'I don't need a man but I would like to have one'
'I don't want to make room in my life and I'm too scared to admit I am lonely.'
13. 'I need to work on myself right now'
'I'd rather be on my own than try with you.'
14. 'I'm too old for this s**t'
'I'm avoiding responsibility for my past relationship breakdowns and use my age as an excuse.'