Worker productivity is an ongoing challenge, especially during the pandemic. Whether you are working from home or working at the office, people often find themselves wasting valuable time. In fact, in a recent report, Gallup found that only 33 percent of workers are significantly engaged at work. And according to a recent FlexJobs survey, the vast majority of employees are often wasting too much time doing things they can easily avoid. There are hundreds of reasons that emerge in surveys and in conversations with workers, but these are the seven most recurring reasons why people are often unproductive while working.
Here are the seven reasons...
1. You constantly check your personal phone when there is a lull.
2. You do unrelated tasks that you say will “only take a second,” but always takes much longer than that.
3. You open too many tabs on your browser which keeps you disorganized and unfocused.
4. You impulsively check work chat platforms like Slack, Discord, Workplace and so on.
5. You start solving problems right away, before determining if they’re actually your problems to solve.
6. You assume you are right and don’t bother asking someone else and if you are not, you will have to start over.
7. You schedule unnecessary meetings.