Whoosh! Crack! Snap! Those are just some of the sounds Montrealers could hear across town after a severe freezing rain storm yesterday.
The icy temperatures across town not only resulted in several tree-breaking incidents and slippery roads, but also in some 400,000 losses of electricity across the island, according to Hydro-Quebec. Talk about a dark way to head into Easter weekend!
These unexpected weather conditions resulted in the closing of several schools across Montreal today. Here are the school boards whose establishments are closed today in the Greater Montreal Area:
- English Montreal School Board
- Lester B. Pearson School Board
- New Frontiers School Board
- Centre de services scolaire de Montréal
- Centre de services scolaire des Trois-Lacs
- Centre de services scolaire Marguerite-Bourgeoys
- Centre de services scolaire Pointe de l'ile
Keep an eye out on the roads Montreal and most importantly, stay safe out there!
Now, if you don't mind us, we'll be bundling up in our blankets and getting back to reading the several books we've been putting off since the holidays...