It's officially here, Montreal! The city's first REM train has finally opened and is ready for you to ride!
Today marks the first day of operation for the REM's train connecting downtown Montreal to Brossard, and vice-versa. While a usual car ride takes approximately 40 minutes to make this commute, the REM train offers passengers a speedy 18-minute ride instead.
Here's exactly what you need to know about riding the REM:
- The REM train is available to ride as of today, July 31st 2023;
- The REM will operate between 5am and 1am, 7 days a week;
- The REM will run every 3.75 minutes during rush hour periods;
- Single-ride tickets to board the REM train vary from $3.75 to $4.50 (see complete fare details here);
- Each train can accomodate 780 people.
Basically, the REM offers you and quick and easy shopping spree to the Quartier Dix30, and a speedy trip to work if you live in the Brossard area!
For complete details on the REM's new train and how to use it, visit REM's website.